Who is NuWave Marine?
NuWave started as the dream of Ken Borrelli. Ken began repairing and even building small boats in his parents back yard by the age of 12. His passion eventually turned into a business and has not stopped growing since.
- 1987 Ken opened his first marine service shop in Berlin NJ. Originally named “New Wave Marine”, which evolved into today’s name.
- 1992 NuWave Marine service center grew out of its smaller Berlin NJ location and moved into a new location in Deptford NJ. Ken expanded the business to include a small retail section inside of the service shop.
- 2008 NuWave’s online presence started via eBay. Within a few years the eBay store became NuWave’s largest and fastest growing source of revenue.
- 2012 Following the success of the eBay store, NuWave launched their first website, MercExhaust.com, specializing in MerCruiser exhaust parts. In the coming years the company experimented with various niche e-commerce sites including: RePowerMyBoat.com, FixMyMercruiser.com, and LightUpMyBoat.com. Eventually all of the sites merged into the current NuWaveMarine.com
- 2015 The first NuWave Marine Supply retail store and service center opened its doors in Woodbury Heights NJ. This also serves as the new headquarters for E-commerce department.
- 2019 NuWave Became a Wellcraft boats dealer and a platinum level Mercury dealer
Owner & Master Tech
Sales , Marketing, & Development.